5.11.2010

Love & Marriage

As time passes in a marriage it becomes easy to forget the intricate dance of a relationship starting. Things are always different when you're completely intoxicated at the idea of getting to know someone, and are attracted to them, and can't imagine how life could ever suck with them in it.

George still refers to the time in our relationship when I refused to get out of his car so he could go to work. We had just spent a lot of time together, and he was dropping me off at my dorm. We sat in his car, parked and embracing, and I did not want to leave. Every waking moment at that time was spent being with him, or thinking about him. We would be seeing each other later, but for some reason I really did not want to leave. Yes, I was one crazy girl. Our relationship nearly ended that day.

But then time passed, and slowly things started to get comfortable. We began to know each other, and love each other, and respect each others work schedule. We started a life together, and a family. Things are relatively good.

I've witnessed marriages fall apart, some even prior to starting. I still am not quite sure how to maintain a lasting marriage. I do know that I am still madly in love with my husband. I know that he is a great man, a great husband, and a great father. I know that I am happier when we are happier, and that I still don't like to be away from him for too long.

No comments: