5.07.2010

Working on My (mental) Fitness

It's my 5th morning waking up too late to run. Every night I go to bed, excitedly making sure the alarm clock is set to 5:30, so I will have enough time to run, shower, and go to work. Everyday, I am awoken by a random easy listening tune blaring right through my dreams. Instead of waking up, I simply turn off the alarm, wake up at 7, and continue with my day, all the while thinking that 5:30 tomorrow will be my first run.

I want to be a runner, and believe that I'm healthy enough to start. I have every capability to do this, but I have some sort of mental block. I chose the 5:30 a.m. time frame because I felt that was ideal for me. It's before Noah wakes up, so I won't be missing time with him, it's cool enough outside so that the heat doesn't overpower me. And finally, there is no one outside to see me make a fool of myself.

When starting out, I know that I will not be a perfect runner, I know that there will be stops to breath, and so I want to work on this when the rest of the world is still.

So the plan right now is to set the alarm for tomorrow, and try again. But I don't know if I'll be able to do it until I figure out this mental block.

No comments: